School : SMA....
Subject : Bahasa Inggris Peminatan
Class/Semester : X Language/ Odd
Theme : Asking someone to do something
Time allocation : 1 x 45 minutes
After learning process the students give thank to God for the chance to learn English as an international language through active in learning.
B. Basic competence
1.1 Gives thank to God for the chance to learn English as an international language through active in learning
2.1 Shows good attitude and pay attention to interact with teachers and friends
3.1 Analyzes social function, structural text, and language element in expression of asking to do something and its response based on the context used.
4.1 Makes a text in oral and written form to state, ask, and respond an expression of asking to do something and its response by understanding the social function, structural text, and the right language elements based on the context.
1. Identify a text conversation seen from contains and language structure by using polite words.
2. Make a list of difficult words from the text given
3. Make a text conversation about asking to do something from the words given
4. Distinguish pronunciation on the words given clearly
5. Present the text which has been made from the devices offered.
Expression of asking someone to do something
Let’s play game!
Why don’t you join the contest?
Shall I finish this job?
Shall we have dinner tonight?
E. Teaching and learning objectives
1. Approach : Contextual Teaching and Learning
2. Learning Method : Cooperative Learning Method
3. Learning Model/Strategy : Three Phases Technique
F. Learning steps
1. Greetings, pray and checking the attendance being process.
2. At the beginning convey the aim lesson today.
3. Ask student to identify the things or the equipments in their classroom. After that ask student to mention and point that’s equipment.
4. Teacher show off the basic command action related context of the classroom, ask student to listen carefully and follow it.
Ex: Sit down on the chair.. Do not litter..
Close the door.. Put the bag...
Open the book.. Turn arround...
Take a book.. Erase the whiteboard...
5. Encourage the students to play games or sing a song, “guess the word” start with the question “what is it?”
Ex: Students what is it? It starts with “F”... (floor) please spell.
1. Students listen or watch an interaction of asking to do something expression.
2. Students follow to say the expression
3. Students imitate the model of interaction of asking to do something expression
4. By guiding teacher, the students identify the characteristics of asking to do something expression dealing with the social function, structural text, and language element.
By guiding teacher, the students ask about the differences between expression of asking to do something in English and Indonesia, and another possible expressions, and another things related.
Students use the expression of asking to do something in form simulasi, role-play, and another activity which is made structurally.
1. Students compare the expression of asking to do something has been agreed with another sources
2. Students compare the expression of asking to do something in English with their utterance.
1. Students utter the expression of asking to do something inside and outside classroom.
2. Students write problems in using English about the expression of asking to do something in learning journal.
1. Summarizing the lesson
2. Giving chances for student to ask questions dealing with the material
3. Giving homework
4. Closing the lesson
G. Learning Sources
Technique : Speaking test
Form : Making their own sentences and asking to other friends
Instrument of evaluation
A = Excellent
B = Good enough
C = Good
D = Enough